As my first full day of living in Crestview Hills, Kentucky comes to a close I find myself thankful. I am thankful for great friends who drove all the way out here with me. I am thankful for a husband who challenges himself and me to try new things. I am thankful for all the friends and family who have lifted me up, talked me through, and prayed for me on the journey here.
And I'm excited! I look to tomorrow with hope of a type of "new beginning." Brent and I have been praying for this for so long. And finally we gave it up. We stopped trying so hard to get used to things and try to figure them out in Houston. We accepted that being there was part of the plan that God had for us.
Then all of a sudden it happened! He went for an interview and within 6 weeks we have moved to a new city, half-way back across the country. There are so many positive things that we prayed for as we lived in Houston: seasons, proximity to family, a more positive work atmosphere, and so on. God is so good!
Tonight my girls and I went for a short walk through the apartment complex. The wind blew, rain was spittin', and it was slightly chilly. I got to wear a long-sleeve t-shirt in May! How exciting! The birds were chirping. It was a fantastic reminder of beauty!
And Wilson just loves sitting out in the wind on the back porch. He sat there for close to an hour this afternoon just enjoying the breeze and watching people walk past. And he made a low growling noise as they passed. Just like my crazy dog! He's so confused right now. He recognizes some of the "stuff" in our apartment, but just cannot seem to figure out why it is not in our house. He'll get it soon I'm sure.
Well it's getting late here in my new time zone so I think I'll head toward bed. And my mind is moving toward God's refreshing and renewed goodness.
3 comments:
great to see you've entered blogdom, melissa! check out my blog if you're interested... makingroomformore + the rest of the blogspot add.
it'll be fun to check in here from time to time. thankful for you about your recent move!
I am so incredibly jealous of your awesome weather! I love long sleeve t-shirts. I can't wait to hear about your Fall, changing leaves and all that jazz.
Lucia, do you have a blog? What is your myspace address?
Post a Comment