Yesterday morning we went to a church called Watermark Community Church. It meets at Dixie Heights High School, which is about 10 minutes (because of red lights) away from us. So far this is our #1 choice for churches, and we may or may not end up looking around more. We loved the preaching; the guy reminded us a lot of Yancey at Clear Creek Community. The only complaint we have is that the music needed some help. However we realize that we have crazy high standards for music that may be hard to live up to, as none of the churches we have visited so far have.
Watermark has "home groups" and we contacted someone about going to the one that meets on Monday nights. We recieved a call with details tonight after getting home. The reason we did not make it there has to do with today's adventure, which you can read about below. I'll keep you updated on our church search as it progresses.
After church we ate lunch at home then I gave in to Brent's desire to go see Live Free, Die Hard at the "nice" theatre in Newport. Once we parked our car in the parking garage we began to read the papers that were handed to us at the ticket booth, and to our surprise there were fireworks being shot off from one of the bridges over the Ohio River! At 10:00. We were going to the 2:30 movie. After the movie, which I recommend if you like a good action movie, we strolled around Newport into Cincinnati and back (for 6 and 1/2 hours) before watching the fireworks. It was a great treat and Brent gets major kudos for waiting to watch them with me. The bright pink sunset over the Ohio River was absolutely gorgeous last night. We really enjoyed ourselves.After a really late night we woke up around 9:00 for "Hiking Monday." (I don't think I posted that Mondays are going to be "hiking days" until school starts.) Today's destination was East Fork State Park in Ohio. Even though it is in Ohio, it was only about 30 minutes away from our apartment.
By the time we got there it was about 11:00 and after looking at a really crummy map we decided to go on the "medium" hike of the three options. To make a long story short, a 2-3 mile hike turned into an approximately 10 mile adventure. Basically we got on the "32 mile perimeter trail" that goes around the outside of the park, figured this out after 3 miles when we approached a road, went for help thinking we were lost where we ended up going about 3-4 miles out of the way, and ended up redoing the original 3 miles. Luckily I am married to a wonderfully prepared man so we had a first aid kid, snake bite kit (didn't need either of these), snacks, and water. After six and a half hours we finally made it back to our car.
We did not get home until 6:30, which explains why we did not make it to the 7:00 "home group". That's the latest Carney Adventure.
4 comments:
Wow, six and a half hours. Sounds like a Mel-Mul Adventure! I love that idea of Hiking Mondays. I hiked all over NYC today, does that count?
You lead quite the adventurous life there! I'm pretty sure I would have been freaking out on that hiking trip. Brent is awesome!
That's great news about the church! I hope you enjoy the home groups as much as you did the worship service.
Sounds like another Perdanales Falls adventure! The church sounds great-I hope you can find your place there!
We thought about Perdanales Falls the entire time we were there! Good call!
Post a Comment